Ten Things That Make Me Cry
In no particular order:
1. Seeing babies being born – have witnessed one real one – my god-daughter and seen a few on tv although strangely I didn’t cry at my son’s birth – too off my head on legalised opiate I think
3. Cruelty to those unable to defend themselves
4. Jane Eyre (the book)
5. Michael Buerk’s original news broadcast from Africa
6. Several Van Morrison songs
7. Bette Davis in Now Voyager
8. Not being able to call up my dear friend Abbie anymore who I nursed until she died last year. I really really miss her and it gets me every time.
9. Rod Stewart singing ‘Have I Told You Lately’ Live – the faltering crack in his voice
10. With happiness – at weddings and curtain calls at the ballet/theatre etc – had that since I was a child
I cheated once – when the siamese cat Jason died on Blue Peter I made myself cry to get attention from my mother. It didn’t work – she told me not to be so stupid and that it was only a cat. Sounds a bit dysfunctional now I come to mention it….
I’m sure there are lots of other things that make me cry – onions – that sort of thing. Have to go – there is a documentary of Blondie on BBC 1 – can’t miss that or I really will cry!