Good evening and welcome to tag take two as I cocked it up last time. In fact, I have a morbid fear of being tagged and indeed having to tag which probably explains why I didn’t do it correctly as I got into a bit of a flap. But…I hate getting things wrong so……here it is – correctly this time.
1. At 17 I applied to 4 London drama schools – on each audition day I sat at the kitchen table and couldn’t go as I had a very strong feeling I would never be good enough.
2. My youngest brother has two godparents – Ridley Scott and Charlote Rampling
3. I happen to own the giant heart-shaped diamond ring that the Baron’s wife (Choochie-face) wore in the original Chitty Chitty Bang Bang film. I have never worn it.
4. The only time I got an A+ for creative writing was when I wrote a review of seeing Liberace at the London Palladium in 1980
5. I smoked skunk weed every day pretty much between the years 1997 – 1999. I also had legendary parties at that time – 3 floors of the house – a different DJ on each floor and a butler sink full of never-ending champagne on ice – although I remember the parties really clearly – I couldn’t tell you which year they were in.
6. I always wanted to play the saxophone and was never allowed
7. I went to college with the founder-members of the Brand New Heavies. In 1984 they asked me to be their keyboardist and I said no because I couldn’t be bothered. My best friend shagged the guy that became and still plays keyboards for them. He did it without bothering to take his socks off. We still laugh about it now.
8. I’ve got a thing where any volume setting on the tv, radio etc must be set to an even number otherwise I feel a tiny bit anxious
9. I love shoes and always have – I currently have c.50 pairs despite the fact I have worn the same pair of violet converse hi-tops for the last few months
10. When on long car journeys across London and ever since I was a child I look out for places I would sleep if I were ever homeless. I don’t know why I do it and have recently been really wondering why. I’ve come to the conclusion that it must be a form of insecurity.
11. Spinal Tap is one of my favourite films (note it’s no 11!)
12. I take a stills camera with me everywhere I go
13. I’m a very loyal friend and hate liars or any form of injustice
14. My one big regret is that I’ve never been part of a band
15. I cry really easily
16. I say “that’s ridiculous!” far too much
17. I’ve never had a 9-5 job and probably never will
18. My great-grandmother was Anglo-Indian. My great-grandfather got chucked out of the army for marrying her and turned to drink.
19. I’m a good gardener
20. I can rustle up tasty meals when others swear blind there is nothing to eat
21. I’m a good mimic
22. I can read and write Greek fluently although can only speak it semi-fluently
23. I’m spectacularly bad at any sort of exam but apparently have a high IQ
24. I’m not very good with authority figures
25. I prefer to drive and not be driven
Can I stop now? I’m never tagging again – that’s enough. Buenos noches mon petit blogees. xx
Photo © my Dad 1972